Your patient intake partner
Phreesia knows that health systems like yours face complex challenges. From participating in risk-sharing agreements like ACOs to managing different EHR systems, you need a comprehensive solution that meets the needs of your enterprise. Our platform provides a consistent, modern experience across a wide range of specialties and settings. Whether you’re looking for new ways to improve population health, working to lower costs or just trying to run a more efficient health system, Phreesia can help.
100 INTAKE TASKS
Every patient who walks through your door has unique needs. But completing all of the necessary intake tasks for each patient at every visit can seem impossible without an army of staff. Phreesia’s automated platform makes it happen—standardizing the intake process across your system—and tailoring the experience to each one of your patients.
- Create a better patient experience
- Complete the right intake tasks for every visit
- Improve your understanding of your patients’ needs
- Use Phreesia to do it all at scale, with consistency and fewer staff
Say goodbye to clipboards and scanning
Phreesia is designed to save your health system—and your patients—the headache of check-in forms. Whether patients register at home, in your parking lot or in your office, Phreesia’s intake tools help streamline your operations, while giving patients the safe, contactless options they want and your providers the specific information they need.
Send texts or emails that let your patients register up to a week before their appointment. They can check in from their mobile device at home, in their car or in another designated area when they arrive at your office. Mobile offers patients a convenient and contactless way to update their medical history, sign consents, make payments and take photos to store in their patient record.
The right questions,
the right answers
In healthcare, every patient is unique. Phreesia tailors the intake experience to each patient, capturing medical, family and social history, payment information and consents. The data is automatically sent back to your EHR/PM system, allowing you to collect a complete patient record.
- Deliver patient-specific, guided intake interviews on any personal device
- Gather complete patient demographic profiles
- Capture medical history, payments and e-signature consents
- Integrate patient data with your EHR/PM system
Activate patients throughout their journey
What if you could engage patients and empower them to take a more active role in their care? Phreesia Health Campaigns allows you to send targeted messages to the right patients at the right time and prompts them to self-schedule specific appointments, such as nurse visits for flu vaccines, mammograms, DEXA scans and other preventive screenings. Health Campaigns activates patients in their care and helps you improve clinical quality, boost patient recall, and align clinical operations with both fee-for-service and value-based payment models. This reduces call volume and scheduling workload for your staff, gives providers more time during the visit and encourages patients to take charge of their health.
- Identify target patient populations in need of specific appointment types
- Present custom messages to patients during intake or between visits, prompting them to request or self-schedule appointments
- Monitor and analyze outreach metrics and patient responses
- Enhance quality performance by driving preventive care
- Maximize time with patients to deliver quality care and a better patient experience
Insurance verification with results you can use
Need to know a patient’s copay? No problem. What about the remaining deductible? We’ll tell you. Phreesia’s automated Eligibility & Benefits application gives your staff the data they need in a manageable, simple-to-understand format.
- Automatically verify insurance before or during the visit
- Identify benefit information, such as co-insurance and deductibles
- Accelerate reimbursement by reducing pending and denied claims
Collect more patient payments—before and after the visit
We know that asking patients for payments can be difficult–asking them in a systematic way across hundreds of locations is an even greater challenge. But with 40% of commercially insured patients on high-deductible health plans, time-of-service payments matter. Phreesia makes the collections process easy and offers patients multiple payment options. Whether you choose to use our secure payment platform or your current processor, our suite of payment applications will help your system increase profitability and reduce outstanding balances, while offering patients flexible and convenient ways to pay for their care.
- POS payments
- Payment posting
- Level 1 PCI-compliant and P2PE-certified
- Payment plans
- Online payments
- Phreesia Payment Assurance
Support your patients’ behavioral health and wellness goals
Identifying and addressing patients’ behavioral health needs can be challenging without a system-wide approach. Phreesia understands this, and we help create a foundation of support for managing behavioral health and wellness across your enterprise.
- Gather patient-reported outcomes (PROs) and screen for depression, anxiety, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and more
- Capture revenue by billing for appropriate screenings
- Identify additional recommended treatments or screenings
Care Pathways to monitor and enhance your patients’ health
Before you can provide the best treatment plans for your patients, you need to understand their risks. Phreesia’s Care Pathways applications include patient-reported outcomes (PROs) and screening tools for more than 15 specialties, allowing your practice to identify and treat patients for a wide range of health risks such as depression, anxiety, cancer and substance abuse. Each tool gathers critical health data from patients, calculates their risk scores and communicates the results back to their care team.
- Identify the right screenings and gather PROs for specific health conditions
- Target patients by age, gender and appointment type
- Collect and calculate responses for appropriate follow-up care and/or reimbursement
Addressing social determinants of health
It’s not just about what happens within the walls of your organization. Do your patients feel safe at home? Can they afford to buy healthy food? What kinds of social support do they have? In order to deliver the most effective and highest-quality care, you should know the answers to these important questions. In just three months, one health system found that 50% of its screened patients had at least one significant social need, and 2.5% had an urgent social need.
Phreesia can help you collect information about those social determinants of your patients’ health that influence their access to care, quality of life and overall clinical outcomes.
- Leverage intake to ask patients about socioeconomic conditions that may affect their health goals
- Empower providers with the non-clinical data they need to have meaningful conversations with patients
- Identify your most vulnerable patients and connect them with resources to address and treat their needs
- Automatically integrate social determinants of health data into your data warehouse or data lake
Are my patients satisfied with their care?
Connecting with your patients and understanding their experience and satisfaction level is critical to enhancing their care. Ever wish you had those insights in real time? What if you could know what they were thinking immediately following their visit? With Phreesia, you can. Our post-visit surveys provide patient feedback within 24 hours after their appointment, giving you results you can act on quickly and complementing your system’s CAHPS vendor services.
- Track patient perceptions
- Identify service issues
- Customize questions based on location and visit type
- Measure progress on practice improvement efforts
- Prepare for incentive-based patient satisfaction reports
Measure, understand and improve
Phreesia’s robust suite of analytic tools empowers you to take control of your organization’s financial and operational health. Our permission-based reports integrate daily with your data warehouse or data lakes, providing the real-time insights you need to make key management decisions that drive accountability and success across your organization.
You need software that can be rolled out across your entire network. Phreesia understands this, and has developed a robust enterprise package that allows your health system to easily manage, implement and use Phreesia at scale.
Your partner in security
At Phreesia, privacy and security are our top priorities—not boxes we check during a once-a-year review. At each and every level of our organization, we foster a culture of compliance focused on safeguarding patient data. Phreesia adheres to industry-leading regulations and requirements for securing and protecting health data, and we set best-in-class policies across our entire company. We’re honored to have those efforts recognized with many of the industry’s most well-known certifications, including:
- HITRUST CSF Certification
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) Certification
- System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Reporting
Our bidirectional integrations
Explore these additional applications for your health system