Last Revised: July 8, 2020
Welcome to Phreesia!
For the purposes of these Terms, “you” or “your” refers to you as the user of the Phreesia Products.
IF YOU OR YOUR EMPLOYER ARE ALREADY BOUND BY A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS THEN THAT SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT WILL CONTINUE TO APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS AND IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN ANY OF THE PROVISIONS SET FORTH HEREIN AND IN YOUR SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH PHREESIA, THE PROVISIONS IN YOUR SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH PHREESIA WILL CONTROL.
1. License Grant. The Phreesia Products are owned by Phreesia and are licensed, not sold, to you. Phreesia grants to you a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited license (without the right to sublicense) to access, download, install and use the Phreesia Products subject to the limitations set forth in these Terms, any relevant purchase order or ordering document related to the Phreesia Products (“Order Form”) and any and all other terms and policies set forth in the Phreesia Products. You acknowledge that the source code for the Phreesia Products and other trade secrets embodied in the Phreesia Products have not been and will not be licensed or otherwise disclosed to you. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Phreesia.
2. Use of Phreesia Products.
(a) Purpose. The Phreesia Products shall, among other things, enable you to generate a Zoom meeting invite for a patient’s telehealth appointment with you.
(b) Registration: You may be required to register and create an account to use the Phreesia Products (“Account”). You agree that you will maintain and update your registration and account information to ensure it is current, complete and accurate and that we have the right to terminate your Account and use of the Phreesia Products if you provide untrue, incomplete or inaccurate information.
(c) Your Responsibilities: You are responsible for providing the equipment and services that you need to access, download, install and use the Phreesia Products. Phreesia does not guarantee that the Phreesia Products are accessible on any particular equipment or device or with any particular software or service plan.
You are responsible for all activities that occur through your Account, whether or not authorized by you. Please do not share your Account or any of its information with any other person.
You will use the Phreesia Products only for your internal business purposes and in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. You are responsible for all of your activities that occur within, through or as a result of your use of the Phreesia Products. You agree that you will not use the Phreesia Products for unlawful purposes or to engage in any illegal, offensive, indecent or objectionable conduct, including violation of any third party privacy or other rights. You agree that you will not use the Phreesia Products if you are under the age of majority in your place of residence or otherwise not fully able and competent to agree to these Terms.
If you use the Phreesia Products on your mobile device, you are solely responsible for all message and data fees charged by your wireless service provider. Please contact your mobile service provider for pricing plans and details. Phreesia is not liable for any delays, interruptions or other transmission errors related to your device, service or wireless service provider.
Except as specifically permitted in these Terms or expressly authorized in writing by Phreesia, you agree that you will not directly or indirectly: (a) distribute, sell, assign, encumber, transfer, rent, lease, sublicense, modify or time-share the Phreesia Products; (b) use any of the Phreesia Products in any service bureau arrangement or on behalf of any third party; (c) reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, translate, localize, port or otherwise modify any of the Phreesia Products; or (d) permit any third party to engage in any of the acts described in clauses (a) through (c).
You are not permitted to: (w) remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary rights’ notice or restrictive rights legend contained or included in any of the Phreesia Products; (x) decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse translate or otherwise reverse engineer any of the Phreesia Products; (y) use any means to discover the source code of the Phreesia Products or to discover the trade secrets in the Phreesia Products; or (z) otherwise circumvent any functionality that controls access to or otherwise protects the Phreesia Products.
You are responsible for complying with all laws, rules and regulations that apply to your use of the Phreesia Products.
(d) Our Responsibilities: Phreesia is responsible for providing the Phreesia Products in accordance with these Terms.
We will maintain commercially reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards intended to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of information that you provide to or through the Phreesia Products (including Your Content as defined in Section 3 below).
Phreesia reserves the right but is not obligated to improve, enhance or modify the Phreesia Products. We will notify you in advance of changes to the Phreesia Products that may significantly adversely affect the manner in which you use the Phreesia Products or the manner in which the Phreesia Products perform.
Phreesia is not responsible for the content of Other Services or for losses, liabilities, actual or pending claims, actions, damages, expenses, costs of defense and reasonable attorneys’ fees (“Claims”) arising from your use of content, information, web sites, software, services and other materials of third parties with which you may interact when you use the Phreesia Products (collectively, “Other Services”). YOU ACCESS OTHER SERVICES ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF OTHER SERVICES.
(e) Availability: We use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Phreesia Products available to you 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week, excluding scheduled maintenance time, unavailability caused by you or any software, hardware or service not provided by us, emergency maintenance and/or any cause beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation nature disasters, wars, terrorist act, civil disturbances, acts of any government or agency thereof, strikes or other labor problems, Internet service or other third party service providers’ failures or delays and systemic electrical, telecommunications or other utility outages or failures).
(f) Limitations: We may set limits on your use of the Phreesia Products from time to time, such as limits on the size and amount of Your Content that you may upload and store in the Phreesia Products.
3. Your Content. The Phreesia Products allow you to upload and transmit certain information and other content to and through the Phreesia Products, including, without limitation, information on your patient appointments and schedules, etc. (collectively, “Your Content”). You are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, legality and means by which you acquired Your Content. You understand that Phreesia will use Your Content to provide the Phreesia Products to you and will make Your Content available to third parties at your request through your use of the Phreesia Products. You have or will obtain all rights necessary to provide Your Content to Phreesia and you hereby grant Phreesia a worldwide license to use, reproduce, transmit, display and adapt your Content as necessary for Phreesia to provide the Phreesia Products to you in accordance with these Terms.
4. Fees. Except as otherwise set forth in a separate written agreement with Phreesia, Phreesia does not currently charge for use of the Phreesia Products. Phreesia reserves the right to implement charges for use of the Phreesia Products in the future upon advanced notice to you. If you do not agree to pay such fees you will need to cease use of the Phreesia Products.
5. Warranties. We warrant that we have validly entered into these Terms and have the legal power to do so. You warrant that (i) you have validly entered into these Terms and have the legal power to do so and (ii) you have all necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use Your Content with the Phreesia Products.
THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS ARE LICENSED “AS-IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” YOU BEAR ALL RISK OF USING THEM. PHREESIA, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF, AND ITS AFFILIATES, VENDORS, AGENTS, AND SUPPLIERS (“DISTRIBUTORS”), GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR CONDITIONS UNDER OR IN RELATION TO THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, PHREESIA AND ALL DISTRIBUTORS EXCLUDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PHREESIA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) OPERATION OF THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR VIRUS- OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THAT THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS WILL OPERATE OR BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER APPLICATIONS OR ANY PARTICULAR SYSTEMS OR DEVICES, (D) DEFECTS IN THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR (E) THAT THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REINSTALLS ON THE SAME OR MULTIPLE DEVICES. ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE PROVIDED BY PHREESIA OR ITS AUTHORIZED AGENTS WILL NOT BE DEEMED TO CREATE ANY WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation of Liability. PHREESIA’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SINGLE INCIDENT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE DELIVERY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS OR THESE TERMS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF $25.00 (USD) OR THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT; PROVIDED THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL PHREESIA’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) EXCEED THE GREATER OF $25.00 (USD) OR THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER.
IN NO EVENT WILL PHREESIA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER UNDER THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PHREESIA PRODUCTS OR THESE TERMS AND WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) EVEN IF PHREESIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK TO RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES FROM ANY DISTRIBUTOR.
You agree that the above limitations of liability, together with the other provisions in these Terms that limit liability, are essential terms of these Terms and that Phreesia would not be willing to grant you the rights set forth in these Terms but for your agreement to these limitations of liability.
7. Ownership. The Phreesia Products, including the “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos), content and other material, are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. You acknowledge and agree that Phreesia owns all right, title and interest in and to the Phreesia Products (including without limitation any and all patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how and any and all other intellectual property rights therein or related thereto) and you agree not to take any action(s) inconsistent with such ownership interests. You do not acquire any rights or licenses under any of Phreesia’s copyrights, patents, patent applications, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks or other intellectual property rights on account of these Terms. Any and all (a) suggestions for correction, change and modification to the Phreesia Products, evaluation data, evaluations and other feedback (including but not limited to quotations of written or oral feedback, information and reports provided to Phreesia by you (collectively, “Feedback”)), and all (b) improvements, updates, modifications or enhancements, whether made, created or developed by Phreesia or otherwise relating to the Phreesia Products (collectively, “Revisions”), are and will remain the property of Phreesia. You acknowledge and expressly agree that any contribution of Feedback or Revisions does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in the Phreesia Products or in any such Feedback or Revisions. All Feedback and Revisions become the sole and exclusive property of Phreesia and Phreesia may use and disclose Feedback and Revisions in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to Phreesia any and all right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how, moral rights, and any and all other intellectual property rights) that you may have in and to any and all Feedback and Revisions. Upon request by Phreesia, you will execute any document, registration or filing required to give effect to the foregoing assignment. In addition, Phreesia shall have the right to copy, use, distribute, and display any information, analysis, statistics and other data generated by the Phreesia Products (or derived from your use of the Phreesia Products), including compilation of aggregated statistics about the Phreesia Products; provided, however, that Phreesia shall not publicly disclose or distribute any such data unless such data is in an aggregated form that would not permit a third party to identify the data as associated with you.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and defend Phreesia and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all Claims brought against Phreesia by any third party arising from your use of the Phreesia Products or any violation of these Terms, the rights of a third party or applicable law. Your indemnification obligations set forth in this Section 8 apply to any applicable actions taken under your Account. Phreesia reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification hereunder. In any event, no settlement that affects the rights or obligations of Phreesia may be made without Phreesia’s prior written approval.
9. Modifications to Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time. Modifications become effective immediately upon your first access to or use of the Phreesia Products after the “Last Revised” date at the top of this page. Your continued access or use of the Phreesia Products after the modifications become effective is deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms.
10. Termination. These Terms will automatically terminate when you fail to comply with any term or condition of these Terms. In addition either party may terminate your use of the Phreesia Products at any time and for any reason. Upon termination, you will cease all use of the Phreesia Products and will destroy any copy (full or partial) of any and all parts of the Phreesia Products in your possession or control. Termination will not limit any of Phreesia’s other rights or remedies at law or in equity. This Section 10 along with Sections 6, 7, 8, 13 and 15 will survive any termination or expiration of these Terms.
11. Export Laws. You agree that you will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the Phreesia Products and/or other information or materials provided by Phreesia hereunder, to any country for which the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction requires any export license or other governmental approval at the time of export without first obtaining such license or approval. You are responsible for and hereby agree to comply at your sole expense, with all applicable United States export laws and regulations. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
12. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Phreesia Products are “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in United States Federal Acquisition Regulations Section 12.212. Any use, duplication or disclosure of the Phreesia Products by or on behalf of the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in these Terms.
13. Taxes. You are solely responsible for any and all duties, taxes, levies or fees (including any sales, use or withholding taxes) imposed on or in connection with these Terms or the Phreesia Products by any authority.
14. Remedies. You agree that a breach or a threatened breach of these Terms will cause injury to Phreesia for which money damages will not provide an adequate remedy and Phreesia will be entitled to seek equitable relief in addition to any remedies it may have hereunder or at law without a bond, other security or proof of damages.