As your medical practice evolves and expands, there are many factors to consider. But where do you even start as you consider the next phase? In this webinar, practice management consultant Laurie Morgan of Capko & Morgan discusses ways to successfully optimize and scale growth across healthcare organizations.
What you’ll learn:
- The different types of organizational growth paths, from low risk/low complexity (revenue and productivity growth) to high risk/high complexity (location and service expansion, mergers and acquisitions)
- Tips for utilizing your organization’s resources more efficiently, such as technology automation and optimizing clinician support
- Specific ways to automate workflows, including leveraging information value from PM/EMR systems and front-office tools like self-check-in, batch eligibility and online scheduling
- Strategies for optimizing staff and profitability, and an explanation about how creative scheduling can expand organizational capacity
- Reasons why optimizing should come before expansion; Laurie explains why it’s a better idea to focus on revenue growth (“build a war chest”) before expanding services and locations
- The importance of maintaining an organizational culture, your brand and protecting the patient experience as you grow
Insight from Laurie:
“Growth doesn’t have to mean taking on a ton of risk. Oftentimes, practices that are thinking about scaling up assume that means adding an office or merging with another organization. But if you take a closer look, there are more creative ways to scale your business, without taking on so much additional risk.”
“It’s essential to allow enough time for business planning! To quote Dwight Eisenhower, ‘In preparation for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.’”
“No matter what type of expansion or merger you’re taking on, it’s important to have a common technology platform. You have to be connected and it has to be easy to get the administrative work done.”
Watch the webinar!